"He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with you God."
- Micah 6:8
We believe that the work of restoration is demonstrated through the work of mercy and justice.
The goal is restoration and the "means" is through mercy and Justice.
(1 Peter 1:3-5 & John 15:13)
Mercy is extending God's unconditional love
Ultimately, God extends His mercy and justice through giving up His Son Jesus to take on the unbearable debt of sin that we owe to make a way for restored relationship with Him. Mercy is simply a way of showing compassion and God's love to someone. It is providing care for those is crisis
Justice is joining God in making things right
If mercy is temporarily alleviating someone's suffering bound up in a broken system, justice is actually seeking to see that system changed to reflect the Kingdom of God. Justice is the work of God confronting and overcoming evil and sin, both individually and systemically in our world. The people of God are commanded to join God in this work; restoring God's righteous purpose and shalom for all creation. For the follower of Christ, injustice is not an abstraction but a reality that we must identify, name, and intentionally address.
The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the broken hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound; to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn; to grant to those who mourn in Zion - to give them a beautiful headdress instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit; that they may be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he may be glorified.
Join us in our pursuit for Mercy and Justice in the world.
Tidewater Park Elementary School
- Weekly mentorship & tutoring during the school year
- theCAMP - high quality sports & arts camp for kids in Young Terrace neighborhood
- theCAMP continued - field trips throughout the summer, mentorship, & tutoring
Racial Reconciliation Initiative
- City Collective - monthly dialogue with ministry leaders in Hampton Roads
- Hope Talks
- Each summer we run a corporate food drive
- Last summer our church donated over 2 tons of food
Crisis Pregnancy Center
- Baby Bottle Campaign
- Walk for Life
Ghent Area Ministry
Ghent Area Ministry, a non-profit outreach ministry, is dedicated to helping those in need in the Norfolk community by addressing economic, social, & spiritual needs. GAM offers financial assistance, resources and services regardless of race, gender or employment status.
- CrossRoads financially supports their mission through our monthly CRCares Offering
- We work in collaboration with GAM to help and assist the homeless in our community
International Justice Ministry (IJM)
- CrossRoads financially supports their mission
- They provide prominent speaker
Virginia Beach Justice Initiative (VBJI)
- Combatting human trafficking in the Hampton Roads
- Movie showing of Nefarious (documentary on human trafficking)
Partnership with Kelly
Kelly works to combat human trafficking in South Asia by providing alternative job opportunities